Now in Calgary to conveniently serve you with your eye care products and services!
EYE CARE SERVICES
Eye Exams-Comprehensive Doctorate Level (Including Eye Glass Prescriptions)
Our eye examinations are performed by optometrists (eye doctors) and include a comprehensive eye health exam and a prescription for glasses. Our doctors take pride in the accuracy of our prescriptions by giving a patients a chance to trial our new prescriptions in the office to ensure accuracy and comfort.
Optical Products and Services Including Specialty Contact Lenses
We practice next to one of the largest and most diverse opticals in Calgary. You can also purchase eye wear and in some cases contact lenses after your appointments. Our specialty contact lens service includes: soft and rigid contact lenses, astigmatism, bifocal, post-surgical, contact lenses for corneal disease, cosmetic lenses, and difficult contact lens fits (fittings for those that were unsuccessful with another contact lens fitter).
Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan health care cover the cost of visits due to medical eye emergencies. We see emergencies often more quickly than the emergency room. We have advanced eye testing and treatment equipment which results in shorter recovery times. We also have direct access to specialty services and can get you in for surgery much more quickly then most emergency rooms in the province. Often, if a referral to Calgary is required, we can book the surgery right from our office which prevents you from having to see and emergency room doctor to then later be referred to an eye doctor or surgeon.
Foreign bodies stuck in the eyes, chemical splashes in the eyes, red eyes, eye discomfort, new onset double vision, new onset of floaters, new onset of flashes, wavy or blurry vision, sudden vision loss or sudden changes in vision etc.
Lost glasses, ripped or contact lenses stuck in the eyes etc.
Surgical Services, Pre- and Post- Operative care, and Referrals
- laser eye surgery consultations
- triage for cataract, diabetic, eye cancers, macular degeneration, retinal detachments,and glaucoma,
- we work with the finest surgeons
- foreign object removal both metallic and non-metallic
- tear duct blockage removal
- lash removal
- punctal plug insertion
- contact lenses stuck in the eye
- eyelid gland expression
Eye Testing ordered by your Family Doctor or Emergency Room Doctor
These visits to our clinics are medically necessary and covered by provincial health care plans. There is often no out of pocket expenses with a current provincial personal health number.
Which Eye Conditions Do We Treat?
- Removal of objects stuck in the eyes
- Red eyes
- Itchy, watery, and uncomfortable eyes
- Dry eyes
- Burning eyes
- Seeing flashes of light
- Seeing floating spots
- Eye turns
- Lazy eyes
- Diabetic eye care
- Macular degeneration
- Changes in vision due to medications-these include but are not limited to: cancer drugs, birth control, hormone replacement therapy, arthritis, tuberculosis, inflammatory disease, hydroxychloroquine sulfate (Plaquenil), chloroquine (Aralen), ethambutol (Myambutol and Servambutol), and tamoxifen (Nolvadex)
Consultations of How Medical Conditions Affect Your Eyes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Multiple sclerosis